Changing time tracking to percentage

Marcos Lourenco August 29, 2022

Hello, I need to present my project’s stories and tasks progresses on a percentage basis and right now I can show just on a time basis. I’ve been wondering if there is a way to change this metric but couldn’t find it.

Example of what I have now:

2022-08-29 16_21_42-[IMX-348] Document integration between OMS_OB and KWI - Jira.png

If you have any suggestion on how I can do that, I'd appreciate it

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hello @Marcos Lourenco 

Welcome to the community.

There is not a native method for displaying the hours logged and remaining as a percentage.

Marcos Lourenco August 29, 2022

Thanks @Trudy Claspill 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

@Marcos Lourenco 

I just discovered something I did not previously know.

If you using the Advanced Issue Search, set the output to List View (vs. Details view), and include the Progress column, then you will see the time information as a percentage.

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 5.46.48 PM.png

Unfortunately that information does not get included if you export the results as a CSV. It does get included if you export to an HTML format, though.

Like # people like this
Marcos Lourenco August 30, 2022

hi @Trudy Claspill . Thanks! It helps a lot!

I created a dashboard and could find something interesting. The status and estimates are not properly set yet, but the result is something like this:

2022-08-30 11_34_36-IMX Progress Percentage Tasks - Jira.png

0 votes
Olha Onofriichuk_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 29, 2022

Hi, @Marcos Lourenco 

Have you already found a solution? It seems like you can do it via additional plugins for Jira. You can try SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on. Here you can set how many hours/minutes you will have to complete the task (For example, you want the task to be moved from the "To Do" stage to the "Done" stage during 8 hours). So that you need to add an SLA Configuration with the next settings to make the time tracking process start:

new time goals.png

And then you can monitor the percentage of the task completion via the Grid Table:

grid.png

And if you need to get a reminder that the task should be done soon or would like to add some automated actions, here you can set it up too:

reminderrrr.png

So, it looks like SLA Time and Report for Jira time tracking and monitoring tool can solve your problem.

Hope it will be helpful.

Regards,
Olha

Marcos Lourenco August 30, 2022

Hi @Olha Onofriichuk_SaaSJet . Thanks for your suggestion!

Regards,

Marcos

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events