Changing the width of column in Wiki markup table

Aadithya B K June 5, 2015

I'm creating a table in the issue description by using   |   in the email body. I'm able to create a perfect table except  for the fact that the length of a column depends on the longest word. Is there a way to specify the column width while using wiki mark up ? 

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2015

I think the easiest way to make a column wider is to include a couple copies of   or   until it is as long as you would like smile

Could you please give an example ? Right now I have ||ThreadID||TimeStamp|| so on .. Do I make this as ||ThreadID&nbsp|| ?

What I said is not correct I guess because it just printed out &nbsp. An example would be really helpful. Thanks

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2015

You forgot the semicolon (;), you have to put the whole thing   or   (by the way,   is a little wider than  ).

Aadithya B K June 6, 2015

Beautiful! Thank you so much! :)

0 votes
Stephen Ellwood May 14, 2021

I have just been able approximate this by inserting non-breaking spaces (character code 160 or \u00A0 in Python) into the title strings of the table.  This does not guarantee the column widths but its a good start. To make them truly fixed you will need to cut down the rest of the information to be always smaller than the title row. Example markup is shown below:

||Setting                                 ||Bits       ||Mode       ||Description   ||Reset           ||

Suggest an answer