Changing the timezone of the JVM in setenv.sh

zdadmin September 22, 2013

Dear Support,

Our JIRA server is not displaying the correct timezone. I've read your Knowlegebase article here and added the "-Duser.timezone" JVM argument in setenv.sh. After restarting JIRA nothing has changed. Restarting the entire server also did not have any effect.

Both the systemtime and the time in the JIRA conficuration is set to the correct timezone

The change i made in setenv.sh is:

JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Duser.timezone=Europe/Amsterdam"

Any help will be appreciated,

Regards,

Jelle Post

3 answers

0 votes
Pratima Gorla
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to change default user time zone to JVM setting using:

set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Duser.timezone=America/New_York" in setenv.sh

I restarted Jira server but I dont see changes reflected. I'm just trying to modify default jira system timezone. (login -> adminstration -> system -> system info).

Thanks,

Pratima

0 votes
zdadmin September 24, 2013

Hello Pedro,

Thanks for your reply,

I cecked the timezone of the user in question, but the timezone is set to the correct value in the user profile.

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2013

Hi Jelle,

You might want to check if your users are not with a custom setting for the timezone set on their user profiles. This setting will override the JVM argument.

For more details, check https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Choosing+a+Time+Zone

zdadmin September 25, 2013

Hello Pedro,

Thanks for your reply,

I cecked the timezone of the user in question, but the timezone is set to the correct value in the user profile.

Suggest an answer