Changing the resolution

miltonstreet November 21, 2013

I am new to Jira. I have it setup but have not changed a whole lot from the basic setup. For the world in me, I cannot figure out how to change the resolution to done. What am I missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2013

Resolution "Done" is not available in JIRA by default but you can create one.

The default resolutions available in JIRA are "Fixed", "Won't Fix", "Duplicate", "Incomplete" and "Cannot Reproduce".

Login to JIRA as system administrator. Go to Administration and go to Issues.

Find Resolutions and use the "Add new resolution" option to create a new resolution called "Done". Now when you try to close the issue, you will be able to set the Resolution to "Done".

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2013

check the Close Issues permission on permission scheme

check here for more info on permission scheme

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

check this document to know more about how to defineresolutions

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+'Resolution'+Field+Values

miltonstreet November 22, 2013

Ok, I am confussed here. I have all possible rights on the system, I just gave the administrator the rights to "Resolve Issues" and when I go into an issue, the Resolution is still not editable, it still says unresolved. If I understand thing correctly I want to get it to be resoleved so that the version reports shows what is resolved in a given version, correct? How do I do that?

Like Victor M. Reyes likes this
KCL IT January 12, 2014

I'm having the same issue.

My administrator has the permissions to both Resolve and Close an issue. However; when I go to the issue I want to resolve, all it shows is: "Resolution: Unresolved" There is no field that allows me to modify the Resolution value.

Thanks in advance.

Dean Workman February 13, 2014

Has anyone found an answer to this? How do we set the resolution? My issues with a Status of "Done" are still being listed on my Open Issues list.

Anna Mityureva March 29, 2019

U got resolution "Done" after u produce transition with additional settings.

Go to workflow edit screen (diagram view). And find transition to "Done" status. U looking for transition settings (press on transition) - open "Post functions".

On screen Post functions:

- Press "Add Post function"

- Choose "Update Issue Field"

- Choose field "Resolution"

- Set "Done"

Now after providing this thansition, ur Resolution will set "Done"

Like # people like this
hblieb September 22, 2019

But if you work in a large organization and don't have rights to manage your own workflow or setup transition screens, you're out of luck. There should be a "null" choice on the resolution field. That way you could put the resolution field on a standard edit screen in your workflow instead of a transition screen.

If I had that, I'd be able to answer the question, "Which issues did we complete last week?"

Like Martin Green likes this
haa January 26, 2021

The have a reject transition to closes the issue.

Please provide some sample code how to set the RESOLUTION programmatically  in a SIL Post function.

Thanks in advance

Suggest an answer