Changing the reporter and receiving notifications

Andrew Nedderman April 3, 2016

If I create a Service Desk issue myself, then change the reporter to a known customer, why doesn't the new reporter receive notifications?

6 answers

0 votes
Barry Abrahamson February 17, 2020

We have the same issue, how can we resolve please? 

0 votes
Phil Cooper August 12, 2019

We have the same problem, as well. Anyone find the solution yet?

We see the problem most when we have an external web form emailed to Jira. The initial reporter is the from email address. We then change the reporter to the actual person's account that completed the web form, but they do not get the email notification that they are now the reporter.

But it also fails to send the notification on any ticket we change the reporter. 

0 votes
Deleted user June 25, 2019

I can confirm we have exactly this problem.

0 votes
David Faltemier May 2, 2019

Hey! Im experiencing the same issue in our Service Desk project. If a help desk analyst creates a ticket and then updates the reporter, there is no notifications for the actual reporter.

Has anyone found a work around?

0 votes
Andrew Nedderman April 6, 2016

Thank you for the help! Reporter was already added to the event Issue Updated, but still does not receive notifications.

Mark Redd February 1, 2019

I am having the same issue with one of my projects. I have triple checked that reporters get notified for Issue Updated, but if I create a ticket (using the same ticket type that emailed tickets use, so I know it works) and then change the reporter after the ticket is created, the new reporter doesn't get any notifications.

0 votes
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

I think you most add Reporter to Issue updated event (or any other events that you need) and after that, customer most get issue events notifications.

Suggest an answer