Changing the recipient e-mail address for a comment in a request/ticket

Marek Mayer October 5, 2017

Hello,

my Problem is that I can't figure out how to change the recipient e-mail address in the tickets. 

Often I do get tickets that have been forwarded by our client but concern one of the forwarders client. In order to answer the ticket I need to be able to change E-Mail addresses in the comments.

How is this done?

Thanks and regards,

Marek

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2017

Jira is trying to keep track of which user made which comment.  It does this by creating unique records in the database table cwd_user that include the username, and email address of the user that made the comment.   I don't recommend trying to change the database as a way to resolve this.  That would cause all sorts of historical integrity problems in Jira.

If I understand the problem, you just want to be able to respond to a different user than the one that raised the request to begin with.  If I am correct, then all you need to do in Jira is view the issue details of this request, and then edit the Reporter field.   Provided this field is listed as existing on the screen, then you should be able to edit the reporter field in order to change which user account is listed as the reporter.

Alternatively, if you're using Jira Service Desk, you might not need to change that reporter value, but instead you could add addition users to the "Request Participant" field instead.  In JSD both reporter and request participants typically are expected to get notifications on issues.

Marek Mayer November 3, 2017

Thanks for your answer. Both ways did not work for me.

But I figured out that I can add customers to the project and than I can insert them as reporter and send mails to their E-Mail.

Suggest an answer