Changing the name of a status does not reflect on issue view

Matti Popesku June 2, 2015

Hi folks,

there is a strange behavior on our JIRA instance.

Previous history: Some weeks ago I changed the name and the description of a status from "development" to "ready for development". I didn't not recognize any unusual behavior. Last week we updated JIRA from 6.1.7 to 6.4.1. Now a colleague noticed a strange behavior.

Description: The new name and the description of the status does not reflect on the issue view and in the status overview.

issue_view.png

When I click on "view workflow" in the issue view I see the new and correct name of the status.

view_workflow.png

The same behavior in the status overview in the JIRA administration. In the overview of all statuses I see the old name and description. When I click on edit, I see the new and correct name and description of the status.

edit_status.png

In the edit workflow view everythings seems to be okay.

edit_workflow.png

Editing the status again and publishing the workflow does not help.

Any ideas? Or should I contact the atlassian support?

Best regards

Matti

2 answers

0 votes
salpadoru August 18, 2020

Are you sure you are looking at the name of the status and not the name of the transition? The drop down in issue view shows the transition name. You should update the transition name to reflect the change to the status.

salpadoru August 18, 2020

I know this is 5 years late but just putting it out there because this post still appears when searched. 

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2015

Check two things.

1.Whether the status development actually exists or not. if it does it is possible that it is used in a different workflow and therefore getting displayed on your issue from that workflow.

2. Your indexes are corrupted. Perform re-index and check again.

Rahul

Matti Popesku June 2, 2015

Thank you for the hints. 1. The status "development" was renamed to "ready for development" so the old name doesn't exist. The paradox is that the old name ist displayed in the issue view but when I click on view workflow on the same issue the correct workflow with the correct name of the status is displayed. I deleted all inactive workflows and performed re-indexed without any improvement. 2. Re-Indexing doesn't helped. :(

Suggest an answer