Changing the name of a status does not reflect on issue view

Hi folks,

there is a strange behavior on our JIRA instance.

Previous history: Some weeks ago I changed the name and the description of a status from "development" to "ready for development". I didn't not recognize any unusual behavior. Last week we updated JIRA from 6.1.7 to 6.4.1. Now a colleague noticed a strange behavior.

Description: The new name and the description of the status does not reflect on the issue view and in the status overview.

issue_view.png

When I click on "view workflow" in the issue view I see the new and correct name of the status.

view_workflow.png

The same behavior in the status overview in the JIRA administration. In the overview of all statuses I see the old name and description. When I click on edit, I see the new and correct name and description of the status.

edit_status.png

In the edit workflow view everythings seems to be okay.

edit_workflow.png

Editing the status again and publishing the workflow does not help.

Any ideas? Or should I contact the atlassian support?

Best regards

Matti

1 answer

Check two things.

1.Whether the status development actually exists or not. if it does it is possible that it is used in a different workflow and therefore getting displayed on your issue from that workflow.

2. Your indexes are corrupted. Perform re-index and check again.

Rahul

Thank you for the hints. 1. The status "development" was renamed to "ready for development" so the old name doesn't exist. The paradox is that the old name ist displayed in the issue view but when I click on view workflow on the same issue the correct workflow with the correct name of the status is displayed. I deleted all inactive workflows and performed re-indexed without any improvement. 2. Re-Indexing doesn't helped. :(

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,338 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot