there is a strange behavior on our JIRA instance.
Previous history: Some weeks ago I changed the name and the description of a status from "development" to "ready for development". I didn't not recognize any unusual behavior. Last week we updated JIRA from 6.1.7 to 6.4.1. Now a colleague noticed a strange behavior.
Description: The new name and the description of the status does not reflect on the issue view and in the status overview.
When I click on "view workflow" in the issue view I see the new and correct name of the status.
The same behavior in the status overview in the JIRA administration. In the overview of all statuses I see the old name and description. When I click on edit, I see the new and correct name and description of the status.
In the edit workflow view everythings seems to be okay.
Editing the status again and publishing the workflow does not help.
Any ideas? Or should I contact the atlassian support?
Check two things.
1.Whether the status development actually exists or not. if it does it is possible that it is used in a different workflow and therefore getting displayed on your issue from that workflow.
2. Your indexes are corrupted. Perform re-index and check again.
Thank you for the hints. 1. The status "development" was renamed to "ready for development" so the old name doesn't exist. The paradox is that the old name ist displayed in the issue view but when I click on view workflow on the same issue the correct workflow with the correct name of the status is displayed. I deleted all inactive workflows and performed re-indexed without any improvement. 2. Re-Indexing doesn't helped. :(
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot