Changing the Java location for Jira 3.13

FabienA November 5, 2012

Hi team,

I need to change the location of my java folder within Jira properties. So I setup correctly my new Java_Home env var under Windows 2008, restart the server. But I still get the old java path when I check into Jira the system info properties.

What's wrong please ?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
FabienA November 5, 2012

Thanks Nic for your feedback,

So I have a windows service that starts the Jira. I have launched the tomcat5w //ES//servicename

and changed from the "Java" tab the jvm path with the new one.

Do you think that it's enough please before I uninstall the old java ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2012

Check the startup scripts for Jira, it sounds like JAVA_HOME may be being set in there. You might also need to set it for the user account that runs Jira, rather than your own, or even amend the system default.

(I can't be sure where the scripts are becasue I don't know how you've installed it. Look for a "bin" directory though, and "environment.bat" or something like that)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2012

I don't know how your system is set up, how the service is configured, or even the order Windows might be getting the variables set, so I can't really tell you.

I think your only (quick) option is to try it - you've changed the setting, try restarting Jira and see what version it then picks up in the system-information pages.

Suggest an answer