Leonid Kasminskiy August 16, 2012

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2012

Use the move issue operation. You can use this to change issue type in the same project.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Moving+an+Issue

that worked! Thank you.

0 votes
Kiran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2012

Hi Leonid,

I am assuming that your question is "I am able to see 7 issue types in the Create Issue screen, but only 4 issue types in the Edit Issue screen. Why is that so?"

Only possible reason I can think of is below:

There is an issue type scheme associated with each project. If the Edit issue and Create issue screen shown above are for the different projects, then it could be because of different issue type schemes are associated to these projects. The issue type scheme associated to the project on the Edit Issue screen has only 4 issue types in it and the one of the Create Issue screen may have 7 Issue types in it.

Regards,

Kiran H S

Kiran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2012

You may not be able to see "MOVE" option because you may not have the the Move Issue Permission. While in Admin mode, go to your Project summary page, click the Permissions tabs and look for Move Issues permission ( or /plugins/servlet/project-config/<project-key>/permissions). Check the User/Groups/Roles columns of this permission and make sure that you have the permission.

Thanks Kiran, but 1. There is no 'Move' option in the dropdown (or I can't find it); 2. I tried to associate with the schemes but it did not help. I know I am doing someting wrong but I can't figure out what..

Thank you. 1. worked for me but 2.... I still need to figure out how to do that. Thanks a lot for your help!

Suggest an answer