Changing the ID of the target row in the source database

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Hi,

I'm using JIRA Database Value Plugin to integrate with a database that contains customer information. For administrative purpose, the internal IDs of this database have been renumbered.

We are currently testing the integration with the new release of this database. I ran an SQL script to update the JIRA customfield value and replace the old id with the new one.

Lets assume that, formerly, we had something like:

ID = 123456

Customer Name = MyCustomer

Customer Support Level = Gold

Now, we have

ID = AAA-123456

Customer Name = MyCustomer

Customer Support Level = Gold.

I updated the customfield value field in the customfieldvalue table and changed 123456 to AAA-123456.

It doesn't work. The label that is displayed is : rendering.editpattern={2}, {1}.

Now, if I create a new issue and set the customer information to the value below (AAA-123456), then the issue is properly displayed.

So I suppose that there is another value somewhere to change... Does anyone knows?

Thanks

Stéphane

1 answer

0 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2013

What versions of JIRA and the plugin are you using? Can you enable the logging of the plugin to see more info?

Suggest an answer