Changing status lozenge width beyond 20 characters?

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

We have recently started to look at upgrading to Jira v6.3 and on initial inspection it appears our statuses are too long to fit in the status lozenge bars.

Is there a method to amend the default width of these beyond 20 characters?

1 answer

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2014

Hi Matt,

You can playaround with CSS and change the default value

.jira-issue-status-lozenge-max-width-medium {
    max-width: 12em;
}
to something bigger.. for example 15em or 20em.
I hope that will help.
Best Regards,
Mirek
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Thanks - where does this need changing?

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2014

For example you can add this to your Announcement Banner:

<style media="screen" type="text/css">

.jira-issue-status-lozenge-max-width-medium {
    max-width: 20em;
}
</style>

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2014

Does this only work on the view screens? Is it possible to do the same for gadgets e.g. filter results?

Also can it be written into a file permanently rather than the banner?

Thanks

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2014

Announcement Banner is showing on every page that is way it should work on every page. It should work. However when viewing a gadget or filter results there might be a different class. Knowing the name of the class will allow you to change this to mach your needs. It is also possible to put this somewhere in the source file, however you will need to always remember to add this customization back again after every upgrade. You will need to test all of that on a test instance first.

Good luck!

Mattias Kallvi November 27, 2014

Hi, I see that this thread is 6 month old but did anyone get the css-changes to work on gadgets, for example the Filter Result gadget. As far as I can see it uses the same css-class. I've tried to change media from screen to all, did not work. Also tried to add key-word !important, no luck.

Suggest an answer