Changing server ID in JIRA

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2013

Hi,

I follow this documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Changing+Server+ID+for+Test+Installations

I put this query on my database in JIRA, with ID that I want:

UPDATE propertystring SET propertyvalue = '<ID>' where id = (select id from propertystring where id in (select id from propertyentry where PROPERTY_KEY='jira.sid.key'));

But return this error:
ERROR 1093 (HY000): You can't specify target table 'propertystring' for update in FROM clause
Can anybody help me ?
I can't change my server ID of my JIRA :(

Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

Finally, this was the sentence SQL that I used to change my Server ID on JIRA:

UPDATE propertystring SET propertyvalue = 'XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX' where id= XXXX

You have to search which ID you have to change with query:

select * from propertystring where id in (select id from propertyentry where PROPERTY_KEY='jira.sid.key');

0 votes
Mikhail T January 21, 2014

MySQL does not allow modifying tables, that are mentioned in subqueries of the UPDATE. So rephrase your update to avoid subqueries. Something like (untested):

UPDATE propertystring, propertyentry SET propertyvalue = 'XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX' WHERE propertstring.id=propertyentry.id AND propertyentry.PROPERTY_KEY='jira.sid.key'

Test the query with SELECT instead of UPDATE. Yes, you can list multiple tables in UPDATE even if you are only modifying some of them...

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2013

Your SQL query must be wrong and may need the extra schemas/domain included with the table name. Fix it.

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2013

I test:

select * from propertystring where id in (select id from propertyentry where PROPERTY_KEY='jira.sid.key');

And works, return:

ID | property value
10006 | XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

I test this:

UPDATE propertystring SET propertyvalue = 'XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX' where id in (select id from propertystring where id in (select id from propertyentry where PROPERTY_KEY='jira.sid.key'));

And not works... I get the same error... why??

Robert Mota August 7, 2014

Hi,

Why to put in addition "select id from propertystring where id..."

Is it not simpliest as below ?

UPDATE propertystring SET propertyvalue = 'XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX' 
where id in (
select id from propertyentry
where PROPERTY_KEY='jira.sid.key'
);

Best regards

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2013
UPDATE propertystring SET propertyvalue = 'XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX' where id in (select id from propertystring where id in (select id from propertyentry where PROPERTY_KEY='jira.sid.key'));

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2013

Don't work for me. I still get the same error...

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2013

Need someone who is good in MSSQL on this. Quick search lead me to this and this link.

Suggest an answer