Changing our Jira's Confluence Application Link

Daniel Pasacrita June 22, 2014

Hey everyone, a few weeks ago we noticed some issues with Jira's connection with confluence. It was behaving wonky, and things weren't exactly linking correctly. Now we've realized why (probably.) In Jira, the Application Link URL is wrong. It's still using the ip of the server, and not the new base URL, which is confluence.ourcompanyname.com.

So obviously we want to fix this, but we see that apparently the only way is to delete the link completely and remake it. What are the ramifacations of this? I've been looking around and apparently any link to a confluence page on a Jira issue won't work anymore (which doesn't matter since we weren't able to make the correctly,) and macros which depend on Jira may break and need to be recreated (I'm not sure if we've used many of those either.) Is this all that will happen if we do this? Is it safe to proceed? If not, what else can we do here?

EDIT: Come on, this should be the easiest answer ever. Please?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2014

Hi Daniel,

If you will delete an application link you will loose all the project links (if you have them). This mean that if you directly linked project ABC in JIRA with space ABC in Confluence you will not be able later see for example on Activity Stream in JIRA updates from Confluence space ABC...

If you will delete and recreate the link all JIRA Macros should work again since in the source of the Confluence page macro is using serverID (NOTE: since some version). This mean that removing and adding it back (with the link to the same JIRA instance) will not break any JIRA macros.

Project links unfortunatelly need to be recreated manually.

I hope that will help.

Best Regards,

Mirek

Daniel Pasacrita June 23, 2014

Okay, we've deleted the app link, recreated it, and now everything works perfectly! Thanks a ton for the info.

Suggest an answer