Changing organization when creating linked issue

Johannes February 7, 2019

Hello together,

I have the following situation:

I have two projects for which different organizations are assigned.

E.g. project A has organization X and project B organization Y.

If I now have an Issue in project A with organization X and use the "Create linked issue" function to created a linked issue in project B I receive the error message "Invalid organization ids specified." (Since organization X is not added to project B).

2019-02-07 13_16_18-Create linked issue - TEST LMH JIRA Service Desk.jpg

Is there a way to add the organization field to to "Create linked issue" screen or to automatically either empty it or fill it with a different value?

Many thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
Ashley Hudson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2023

Do we have any updates on this?

Kind Regards,

Ashley

0 votes
Ashley Hudson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2023

Heya all!

Do we have any updates on this? 

Kind Regards,

Ashley Hudson

0 votes
david_willson April 21, 2020

This only happens for us when you try to create a linked issue from one servicedesk project to another serviced desk project. The work around is to create a ticket in the target service desk project, and then go the new issue and link it to the ticket you want.

There was  bug reported - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6312?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=49dbaeda-c52d-42ba-9d5e-cee8a75486bb - which shed some light on the fact that organizations are at play causing the issue.

I'm on server v 8.5.1 and it's still occurring for me.

0 votes
Johannes February 13, 2019

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this?

Thank you.

Suggest an answer