Changing groups of shared filters created by other users

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2017

Hi,

When people create filters, they can also share them with other people or groups. 
In share permissions, there is a permission to add a group, and gets allowed to see the shared filter.

I want to change that group and replace it some other group. 

For example, someone has a filter "somone's filter" and its shared with group ABC, I want to change that and replace ABC with XYZ, so that the filter "somone's filter" get shared with XYZ instead.

I am a JIRA admin, and we have to replace a old group with another new group. I do know that natively you can't do this. 

So in order to preserve the working of shared filters, we have to replace it. 
I'm looking for a way to do that in Database? Or through rest calls? 

Regards,
Tayyab

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2017

As an admin, you can change the ownership of shared filters and then update the shares yourself.

I think it is also possible to update them via the JIRA REST API using a combination of:

There's an argument here for always making sure filter pemissions are project/role based, so that it is easier to change the associated groups.

Suggest an answer