Changing email-template-id-mappings.xml

Rumceisz July 14, 2013

Hi All,

we created some new email templates and we updated the email-template-id-mappings.xml file. After that we restarted JIRA but now it turned out that the mapping was configured wrong. We corrected the event-template mapping file but is there any chance to activate the new mapping without restart?

Thanks,
Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013

Hi @Rumceisz,

Any changes made to any XML will be visible in application only if it is restarted.

there is an option for auto-reload application xml but it is not advisable for production deployment.

Rumceisz July 14, 2013

Hi Dipti,

thanks for the hint!

We are still in TEST so we can do everything. Which is that xml or vm (?) where we could set the autoreload?

Thanks,

Rumi

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2013
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2013

And, as a reminder, because it's your own question and you seem to be asking exactly the same again: This flag is only for test systems, and becomes unreliable with prolonged uptime and usage.

Rumceisz July 15, 2013

Hi Nic,

finally we restarted Jira but the new templates don't work!

More specifically:

1. the templates in the Events and in the config XML are the same

2. the template vm file names in the config XML and in real are the same

3. the new events are applied to the notification scheme

4. the custom events are configured to the workflow...

...and no emails are sent out!

How can we figure out what is the bug behind the email sent out? I mean logs..

Thanks,
Rumi

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2013

Enable higher logging of the email classes in logging and profiling - that should tell you what it's doing.

Rumceisz July 15, 2013

Hi Nic,

finally turned out that my colleague put a security scheme on my test project so none of the test users got email because these could not see even the issue. So my templates were perfect. Sorry for disturbing!

A different question arose in the meanwhile that those events which are not connected to a specific workflow transition: e.g. comment adding, issue deletion, issue assign, worklog added, etc. - where can I add a rule which will be applied to a specific project? I try to find among the event listeners but haven't found so far.

I mean:

if <commentadded> at project=PROJECTKEY

custom_commentEvent

else

default_commnetEvent

Is it possible to do such rule?

Thanks,
Rumi

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2013

Ah, bad admin ;-) (For not talking anyway)

You can't add rules - the code is quite simple - it says "on edit, fire event X", "on log work, fire Y" etc. That's it for the system events - certain actions are fixed to fire certain events. Only the workflow lets you fire different events for actions. I seem to remember that the rules for exactly which templates are called are in properties files, but it's a 1:1 mapping, no project rules or anything.

Rumceisz July 15, 2013

Hi Nic,

thanks you!

I try maybe the Script Listener...

Suggest an answer