Changing email address Edited

Can the system please be updated to let me change an email address for someone instead of deactivating them and then creating a new account with their new email address?

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Does the SHARED icon show anyone ?1.JPG

Jennifer - does your JIRA use Active Directory or JIRA Internal Directory for user management ?

I don't know. I am new to this. I will take a look. Thanks.

If it is internal directory - you do not need to deactivate - it should change the email id

2.JPG

My screen had the email above the username and was greyed out. It would not let me click on it.

Jennifer - are you JIRA Administrator ? Do you have all permissions? Can you see if you are added to JIRA Administrator group ?

I am the administrator.

The user that you are trying to edit - did you create it yourself or was it synced from somewhere else ?

Jennifer - can you attach an image of your screen please?

What JIRA version are you on Jennifer ?

Also, under user management, can you tell me what is the value for DIRECTORY - Is it JIRA Internal Directory ? 

How was this topic solved? I am currently on the same issue in Atlassian Cloud.

Cloud has a totally different user system.  Start by looking at which one you are using - Atlassian accounts (user can change their email address at id.atlassian.com), Google accounts (change it in google) or your SAML supporting directory (change it in your user system)

Thanks a lot for your quick reply and sorry if I didn't recognize the topic was not related to the cloud version.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Friday in Jira

New 5k User Limit and Other Cloud Updates

Hi all! Lauren here from the Enterprise Cloud marketing team.  I have some exciting Cloud updates from #AtlassianSummit that I wanted to share. We want everyone in your organization to be ab...

95 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you