Changing email address

Jennifer Melancon March 6, 2018

Can the system please be updated to let me change an email address for someone instead of deactivating them and then creating a new account with their new email address?

6 answers

0 votes
Deleted user July 30, 2018

How was this topic solved? I am currently on the same issue in Atlassian Cloud.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2018

Cloud has a totally different user system.  Start by looking at which one you are using - Atlassian accounts (user can change their email address at id.atlassian.com), Google accounts (change it in google) or your SAML supporting directory (change it in your user system)

Deleted user July 30, 2018

Thanks a lot for your quick reply and sorry if I didn't recognize the topic was not related to the cloud version.

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

Also, under user management, can you tell me what is the value for DIRECTORY - Is it JIRA Internal Directory ? 

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

1.JPG

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2018

2.JPG

My screen had the email above the username and was greyed out. It would not let me click on it.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2018

Jennifer - are you JIRA Administrator ? Do you have all permissions? Can you see if you are added to JIRA Administrator group ?

I am the administrator.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2018

The user that you are trying to edit - did you create it yourself or was it synced from somewhere else ?

I created them.

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2018

Jennifer - can you attach an image of your screen please?

Email Screen shot.PNG

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2018

What JIRA version are you on Jennifer ?

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2018

If it is internal directory - you do not need to deactivate - it should change the email id

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2018

Jennifer - does your JIRA use Active Directory or JIRA Internal Directory for user management ?

I don't know. I am new to this. I will take a look. Thanks.

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2018

Does the SHARED icon show anyone ?1.JPG

Suggest an answer