Changing base URL how will this affect JIRA users

Joanne August 10, 2015

I have users accessing JIRA through base url //servername:8080 and some people are having issues with accessing JIRA notifications/communications example for issues :- //servername:8080/browse/[someIssueNumberHere<http://servername:8080/browse/%5bsomeIssueNumberHere>] and if they change the servername to the actual IP i.e.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080 etc then it works.

So we have an alias created which is //companyjira:8080 - the users having issues above are now able to access things, however if we change the base URL to this alias then are we affecting the users that are not having any issues with notifications/communications links?  i.e. do I need to tell all users to now access using the alias or will it matter if they use on or the other?

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2015

I guess that by now, you've realized that the goal is to have a proper FQDN or an alias for this to work. The Base URL should always follow the alias or FQDN. Anything else that your users do and not work, is their fault.

Suggest an answer