Changing assigned user does not refresh agile board

Rob Ables October 9, 2017

We just updated from version 7.2 to 7.5.  Prior to the upgrade, when in an agile board sprint view, the board would automatically change the swim lane of the story when you changed the assigned user.  In 7.5 that no longer happens.  You have to refresh the page manually to see the story moved to the new user's swim lane.

I searched this community some, and online as well.  I was not able to find an answer to this issue.  Is this on purpose, or a bug?  All of my users are complaining about this at current.

Thanks,

Rob

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2017

Hi Rob,

I understand that you have your board setup to have separate swimlanes based off assignee, but that changing that assignee on the board does not appear to automatically refresh the page after your upgrade.

I tried to recreate this problem in my Jira 7.5.0, 7.4.2, and 7.2.7 server versions.   In the cases of 7.4.2 and 7.2.7, I did find that my system did automatically refresh this page, but I had to click around quite a bit and wait about 30 seconds for this to happen.   Typically if I clicked on different issues in the board, it would in turn automatically refresh itself to update that change.   If I didn't click around on the board, then eventually, I would see a warning in the bottom right corner that the data on the board is stale and a request to refresh the page, like this:

742refresh.png

But I found that I could not force my 7.5.0 instance to update the swimlane by just clicking around the board.  Nor did my board automatically prompt me to refresh the page.   The only way I could get this to update was to either refresh the browser or click away and come back to the board.   Technically I believe this is a regression in behavior.  As a result, I think you are correct in that this is a bug.  However I did not find any existing bugs on this issue, so I created a new bug for this.  Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16143 for more details.   I am sorry that this apparent bug as caused you problems, but I would recommend watching that JAC ticket for updates on this issue.

Regards,
Andy

Rob Ables October 11, 2017

Thanks, Andy.  I appreciate the response, and bug report write up.  In the version we upgraded from, it was an immediate automatic refresh as soon as you clicked the ASSIGN button on the assignment modal window.  The board would show the story in the correct user's swim lane without any additional clicking around on other tasks or areas of the screen.

Thanks again!

Rob Ables

Suggest an answer