Changing a project type in existing project

ramazan koca July 30, 2015

hello,

i set up a project and already configured, but in order to workl more Agile (with the board) i would like to change it from a "regualr pm project" into a scrum project, is it possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2015

Sort of.

The project type is just a template.  It is used to configure a new project.  Once the project is created, the project type has no further effect on the project.  So, it's sort of useless to talk about it in the context of "changing type"

To change the type of a project, all you do is reconfigure it.  Go over each scheme in use in the current project and change it to one more suitable (to make an exact "change type", you'd need to work out what the target type would have done when creating the project, and apply the schemes it would have applied.  Then apply them to the project you want to change.

Lyudmila Parymskaya February 16, 2018

If I change schemes and workflow the project itself become what I want it to be. But there is project menu on the left side which is not changing. If I want to change Basic SW project to Scrum project I would have all schemes from Scrum but no Sprint menu on the left still. Like this:

image.png

Lyudmila Parymskaya February 16, 2018

After the board creation the left side have got refreshed and has all menu lines as I wish!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2018

This has changed slightly since then - this question is three years old!  Project Type now has an effect - business, service desk or software affects what you can configure for it.

To make sprint appear for a Software project, create a Scrum board for it.

0 votes
Admin Popety April 18, 2016

Hi, 

I believe it should be easy to change the project type. Maybe a simple migration tool.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2016

That's what applying the new schemes does.

Suggest an answer