Changing Workflow for a highly active project

Denise Schiller December 2, 2021

If I want to update the workflow for an active project with hundreds of stories and issues, are there ramifications to updating the workflow?  Attached are images of the current workflow (built by someone else) and the proposed workflow to show the waterfall process of the workflow. current workflow.jpgJIRA WORKFLOW UPDATE.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

I do all my workflow updates after hours or on weekends when people aren't working. There is always a chance someone may be in the middle of something you are changing and results are unpredictable 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

being safe is rarely a bad thing!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2021

I think more recent Jira versions handle it better, but you used to be able to create the "cannot transition an issue, no matter what" problem if someone transitioned an issue while you were applying a large migration that changed transition destinations or removed status.

Having said I was able to track it to that, it's been twice in many years, and not recent.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events