Changing Priorities of the tickets with aging

Piyush Dinde January 4, 2020

We have 5 priorities of the tickets: 
Highest
High
Medium
Low
Lowest

We keep adding issues in the backlog as in when required and keep the priorities as whatever suits best at that instant. Because of that what ends up happening is, tasks with the low priorities sit always at the bottom of the backlog and never get picked up. 

With the Automation for Jira, what I wish to do is, move tickets to higher priority after X amount of days after the date of creation of those tickets. 

For eg. if the aging > 20 days then move the ticket with the Low priority to Medium and so on and so forth. 

I am using Automation for Jira as a tool to do this automation. Can someone explain how to go about this?

Please note that Hosting type is Cloud.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2020

Before I offer a solution let me provide an editorial. IMO, changing the priority baesd upon age is flawed. Priority should only change if indeed the priority of the issue changes. Rather, consider using ranking and manually order your backlog to reflect what is important to do is on. 

That said...

you could set up a scheduled daily automation to run and check creation date with today and If 20d then change the priority. 

Suggest an answer