Changing MS AD synchronization interval with JIRA

Deleted user July 29, 2014

We have JIRA set up with the default synchronization interval of 60 minutes, which we would like to increase. There is not option for editing this directory after creation. How can I increase the frequency of the interval? Such as setting directory.cache.synchronise.interval somewhere on the server and restarting.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
As you've noticed, you can't edit the directory which contains the user you are logged in with. A workaround is to create an internal directory with a single admin user as a member of the necessary jira-user and jira-administrator groups. Once created, enable the directory, sign in as the internal admin at which point you should be able to edit your AD directory. When you're done, log out and log back in with your AD credentials nd disable/delete the internal directory.
0 votes

Ian, Thanks for the answer. I had a backup user to log in as system admin as set it to a much more frequent interval and it worked correctly. I'll keep and eye on the time, but right now the sync only takes 70 ms. So I don't forsee any issue coming up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events