Changing MS AD synchronization interval with JIRA

We have JIRA set up with the default synchronization interval of 60 minutes, which we would like to increase. There is not option for editing this directory after creation. How can I increase the frequency of the interval? Such as setting directory.cache.synchronise.interval somewhere on the server and restarting.

2 answers

1 accepted

As you've noticed, you can't edit the directory which contains the user you are logged in with. A workaround is to create an internal directory with a single admin user as a member of the necessary jira-user and jira-administrator groups. Once created, enable the directory, sign in as the internal admin at which point you should be able to edit your AD directory. When you're done, log out and log back in with your AD credentials nd disable/delete the internal directory.

Ian, Thanks for the answer. I had a backup user to log in as system admin as set it to a much more frequent interval and it worked correctly. I'll keep and eye on the time, but right now the sync only takes 70 ms. So I don't forsee any issue coming up.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,770 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot