Changing Issue types for locked Customfields

Daniel Rohlfs July 10, 2017

I'm trying to import a Jira Project into a new Server, however I am having trouble getting the configuration to match.

The Jira field for Epic Name and Epic Color are named differently in the source system. I managed to rename those.

However they are also linked to the Issuetype Epic, whereas I need them to be open to another Issuetype or all issuetypes.

I am testingwith the integrated database. Whenever I change the Fieldconfigurationscheme in the table fieldconfigschemeissuetype my changes get replaced on Jira startup.

For example I would set issuetype=NULL, and after startup that value set obviously gets deleted and a new one is created with the old configuration.

I also tried creating another dataset, so Epic Color would be open to two issuetypes. Doesn't work either.

I am fresh out of ideas how to get around that.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

This is one of the reasons the fields are locked.  You should not apply those fields to anything other than the Epic issue type.  JIRA Software expects only that issue type to be set up as an Epic, and things *will* break in interesting ways if you achieve any of what you've just said.

Do NOT hack the database either - unless you are *absolutely* certain of what you are doing, you will break things, and actually, you've been lucky here in that JIRA is repairing some of the damage you've been doing.

I appreciate it, however I don't feel lucky ;)

In the other installation those fields managed to get linked to the Issuetype 'Epos' which is just Epic in a different description.

However I seem to be unable to rename Epic to Epos to make the configuration match.

Well I managed to get around it, by deleting the Issue Type Epos, so I could rename Epic to Epos.  (Thankfully otherwise empty instance.)

Suggest an answer