Changing Backlog Status in JIRA Agile

Kristen Viscardi September 15, 2014

Someone changed the behavior of our "Backlog" status in JIRA and we cannot get the Agile simplified workflow to work the same. Any way of changing this back to the original? The status is stuck in a "To Do" state instead of being gray. I attached a picture Please pay attention only to the picture on the left.

Thanks!

agile.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

What do you mean by status is stuck in "To Do" column? Are you not able to move it to any other columns?

If so, do you have a column that maps to "Intent to join a Release" status? If yes, check if that transition has a workflow condition defined on it.

No not in the "To Do" column in a "To Do" state in the workflow and shows up blue. In the other instance of JIRA we run the backlog is grayed out and stands alone, but still sits in the "To Do" column on the board.

Our board is properly set up and so are our transitions. I just cannot get the Backlog status to behave properly.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

Now, that is strange because I don't see a "To Do" state in your workflow. Are you looking at the correct workflow? If so, run the integrity checker and see if the workflow integrity is compromised or not.

If you only look on the workflow on the left, anything blue is to do, yellow is in progress, and green is done. Usually the Backlog is grayed out, but someone tampered with it and set it to to do and I need to switch it back and i can't. I will try running the integrity checker.

Suggest an answer