Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Changes to Estimates

Hi All

I hope you're all enjoying a peaceful weekend.

I have searched around and can't seem to find the answer to this question. If an original estimate is changed, is there a method to search for this in JQL?

I have played around with the original estimate and tried:

Project = XX and "Orignal Estimate" changed after startOfMonth()

However Jira provided a helpful warning that states "Historical searches do not support the "Original Estimate" field. At least I know this method won't work.

Next I tried a JQL for "Original Estimate" against the story points assuming that story points is the current estimate.

I'm not have much luck so thought I'd reach out for some help from the community.

As always thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond!

Regards

Hardip

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Hardip Singh,

Like for time based estimates, JQL does not support history searches for story points. There is a - not so very recent - feature suggestion requesting this that you may want to keep an eye on: JRACLOUD-67469.

However, if you are running sprints, you could have a look at the burndown chart report. It displays any changes to any issues and their estimates in a sprint.

Hope this helps! 

Hi @Walter Buggenhout _ACA IT_ 

Thanks for the reply and sharing the feature request. I have added my vote!

Have a great day (or night).

Regards

Hardip

yuliia_b__SaaSJet_ Marketplace Partner Jun 13, 2022

Hi @Hardip Singh 

As Walter mentioned Sprint burndown chart is a good option to catch estimates' changes for now. Also, I'd like to suggest Issue History for Jira app from my team. Here you can monitor changes to estimates or any other field in chronological order.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you