Changes in Jira 5.2 Users and LDAP

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

Is there a way to get a configuration file instead of using the GUI to update the LDAP information at startup? We will be doing upgrades and it seems 5.2 does not recognize and LDAP information on existing config files.

Also i noticed in the create issue field Lead Tech, when you start typing to get a list of possible matches, It looks like more than users are available, I see system accounts for PCs.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

it seems 5.2 does not recognize and LDAP information on existing config files.

Which existing config file is that? If you are upgrading from an earlier version, make sure you put the osuser.xml file in the WEB-INF/classes folder during upgrade. That will take the existing config.

when you start typing to get a list of possible matches, It looks like more than users are available

You can limit the number of users coming to JIRA by using User Object filters. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+the+number+of+users+synchronised+from+LDAP+to+JIRA

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2012

Yes we do have the OSUSER.XML file in that directory and it was ignored. At startup only one user could login and we had to specify the LDAP info again. Not sure why it did not pick up.

I guess we can use that filter for the users available. Thanks

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2012

Not sure why it was ignored. Maybe file permissions were wrong? If not, I would seek support from Atlassian.

Suggest an answer