• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Changes are not reflected in history after the ticket is closed

Deleted user Jan 26, 2020

Could you help me find a way to fix this, I need all changes to appear in the history even the ones made after the tickets are closed.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Jira tracks almost every change automatically.

If you have stuff that is not writing to the history, then you've got an app or customisation that is deliberately breaking it.  Remove or disable that, and you'll find it writes everything (exceptions that spring to mind are issue links and re-ranking, but every single field change is logged)

Deleted user Jan 27, 2020

Any idea how I can find which one is breaking it, or do I have to disable them all one by  one?

You could restart Jira in "safe" mode, with all of them disabled, then turn them back on, one by one, until the problem happens again.  Otherwise, yes, you'll have to turn them off manually.

I would also look at the system information page to see if there are any files that have been changed in your main installation.  (It should always report "jira-application.properties" as having changed, that's normal, but are any other files mentioned in that section?)

Also, can you tell us exactly what is not being recorded?  And what the history of the issue looks like?

Like # people like this
Deleted user Jan 27, 2020

Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you