Changeitem Newstring values not matching with displayname in cwd_user table.

Swapnil November 25, 2014

I need to check the history of the assignees of reopen defects. After appying the logic I get the data and value can be seen in Changeitem table's Oldstring and Newstring column repectively.
But the values of these columns are not matching with the Display Name present is cwd_user table.
Is the mapping for the same is present in any other table?

2 answers

0 votes
Swapnil November 26, 2014

In jiraissue table, column Assignee contains the email id. But when we check the history tables i.e. changeitem the values stored in Oldstring and Newstring are the Names and not the Email Ids.

I need to know from where are these names picked up because they don't appear in cwd_user also.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2014

You should find it is recording the unique identifier for a user, not the display name.

Swapnil November 25, 2014

Thanks for reply Nic.

But according to my requirement I need to get the Email ID of the names coming in Newstring column of Changeitem table. And therefore I was trying to match the Newstring with the Display Name present in cwd_user so I can the email id.

But the Names coming in Newstring are not matching with the DisplayName. Say in NewString I am getting Swapnil Singh - GA and in displayname i am getting Swapnil Singh.

Any pointer will be helpful. TIA

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2014

I'm not sure what else I can tell you - you need to be matching on the unique id, not display name.

Suggest an answer