ChangeSubtaskParent

Chidambaram C August 5, 2013
How to implement ChangeSubtaskParent function? Please refer me the JSON format for the above.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2013

In what system and where?

I'm taking a guess that the target is Jira, but where are you trying to do this? As you're saying JSON, I'm guessing REST, in which case, you can't because it's not available yet (unless I've misunderstood https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/ ).

But I'm really not sure, because there's not enough information in your question.

Hi Nic, Thanks, I'm creating an application using JIRA REST API and C#. I have created a functionality of creating subtask from the same link you have provided. Now im in need of changing the subtask to another parent issue. I could not find a JSON format to proceed with. Is there any specific format to implement with?
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2013

Ah, you missed the point I made about REST.

The reason you can't find a JSON format is that there is no function to do this. Unless I have missed it in that page.

0 votes
Thank you.
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2013

"In what system and where" is exactly what it says. What system are you doing this in? Where is the code being run? Your previous answer actually answers those questions fine.

0 votes
In what system and where means? are you asking about the version I'm using? I'm new to this.

Suggest an answer