Change workflow step on assign.

I've added a "triage" step into a workflow which sits between "create issue" and "open".

As soon as an issue is raised it goes into triage until the triage manager decides to assign it to someone and open the bug.

I can transition between the triage and open steps using the button on the bug screen, however I'd prefer to automatically transition between the steps based on the bug being assigned to someone.

Is this possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Not really, if I understand the OnDemand settings correctly.

I think you need the "auto transition" listener from the "Jira Toolkit" addon - this can listen for the assign issue event and push the issue through a transition, but I have a nagging doubt that you can't use that in OnDemand.

0 votes
Bruno Rosa Atlassian Team Mar 11, 2013

Nic's answer is correct, the only problem is that it's not possible to configure 'Listeners' on the OnDemand environment, as per the Restricted Functions in Atlassian OnDemand.

Stay tuned on JRA-31598 for the status of this functionality request.

Ok, thanks Nic and Bruno.

If you are okay with running a external web server which can listen to changes from JIRA, it is pretty easy to achieve this:

1. Use Webhooks to get notified via REST about the issue changes (like issue getting assigned)
  2. As soon as you receive the webhook event, look at the data, check if you want to do an automatica assignment based on the assignee and transition the issue via JIRA REST Api

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Managing+Webhooks

http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

467 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you