Change to Default Assigne to something else than "Project Lead" ?

Thomas Kowalzik November 20, 2013

Hello there,

For my new project I want to set the default assigne to the "developers" group or any custom created group. However all I can choose is just "project lead". Where is the setting where I can change the selection of who can be the default assigne for a new issue of a project?

Thanks,

Thomas

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

Hi Thomas,

The way I would do it is create a Group picker field. In create post function, pupolate that field with the group and add that group into the notification. This was each time a Bug has been created, the post function will populate the the custom field with the 'developer' group and also ask the post function to populate developer lead to a Bug. Add the customfield to notification scheme used by the project and all the developers will be notified.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

Anand

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

You can use a component lead as default assignee as well, but only if that component is selected

0 votes

Okay, that is bad then. I want our development team to get a notification as soon as there is a new bug reported. We're currently using RedMine for our Bugs... Then it seems like we need to stick towards this.

Thank you for your reply anyway.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2013

Now, that is a different question. You can set up a notification scheme where your development group can be notified on an issue create event. Independently on who the assignee is.

0 votes

How can I create this "competent" one? Can this one also be actually a group of members?

Background: In the bug-project, the default assigne should be our developer group and not me (as project lead) or nobody.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2013

Go to your project, ther you have a link to components. Click on that and then Manange Components. Ther you can enter a component lead and set it as Default Assignee.

But you can't add a group only single JIRA users.

Workaround are dummy users where the email address is mailgroup/distribution group.

Suggest an answer