Change the word Issues

Emma Knight June 4, 2014

Can you change the word issues to something like, tickets?

We find that issues has a negative connotation when many of the things added are not issues but perhaps improvements or tasks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2014

Actually, you can change it without modifying the source code. It is a bit hard though for "Issues" bacause it is used in so many places. But we have done that for customers. Two options:

1. Using the "In Product Translations" plugin (Too many places to change though) : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.translations.jira.inproduct

2. Translating JIRA.

Emma Knight June 14, 2014

I like the add-in. While yes it does not do 100% of what is needed, it did to it many places.

Thanks,

Fintan Kearney April 21, 2021

How do we escalate this? I'm back on Jira after an absence of some years and can't believe tasks are still called issues. Especially if they want to tap into other teams besides developers. 

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2014

Hello,

This documentation may help you: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Customizing%20Text

Using the translator plugin that Jobin has mentioned is a good option to achieve this.

Cheers.

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2014

Hey Emma unfortunately that's not a supported thing. To change it one must go to Jira's source code and that's definetely non good.

If you want you can make a feature request for it. Let me know if I can provide any other assistance!

Demand Manager June 13, 2018

Its been 4 years, has this feature been provided? I want "issues" to be called "demands" in JIRA

B_Sethi March 7, 2021

Hi Diego,  Do we have any solution to this yet, I would like to replace word issues with action items, Is it something can be done now. 

Suggest an answer