Change the pkey with the issueID

MarcoC March 18, 2013

Hi...

I know that it could be a crazy question, but....

Is possible to change in Jira, the PKEY of the issue that i have in JIRA, with the ISSUE ID of the issue??

I wanto to see in the page of the issues and in the search page, the number of the issue and not the pkey; because I have a lot of isseus that I have to shift from one project to another, not only one time, but a lot of time... so it could be very difficult manage the change pkey that I have every time that I move from one project to another...

regards,

Marco

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

hi Marco,

we have had the same issue where we shift a lot of issues between projects and as such loose the issue key that is shown in JIRA.

What we have done, and what is your best bet, is to develop a custom script that axtracts the issueID fromt he issue with script-runner and assign the result to a custom field and use this as your reference.

MarcoC March 18, 2013

but can I also view on the summary of the issue??

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2013

Look at the issue as normal. The only thing that has changed is the key of it, and Jacques has explained a very good way to show the old, pre-move key. The rest of the issue is untouched by a move.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

You can use ScriptRunner, create a Scripted Field as suggested by Jacques. The script is very easy

issue.id

Select both number templates if asked.

The scripted custom field could be displayed in the issue navigator and on the view issue screen. Not on the same position as the key, but on the same screen.

Henning

Suggest an answer