Change the default display of "picks" from 20 to 50 (etc).

Victoria Harpe December 19, 2017

This was never answered from 2013:

Hi,

We have around 30 groups from which our Service Desk have to choose on the issue create screen.

The problem is that only first 20 groups are visible on the first page, and they have to choose to display 50 groups, or the second page in order to assign the issue to the 21th group, for example. Can I set the default value somewhere to show 50 groups groups from a Group Picker field?

Please excuse my rookie question!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2017

Hi @Victoria Harpe,

If I understand the problem here, you have a Jira Service Desk instance, and on one of your Service Desk request types seen in the customer portal, you have a field of type 'group picker' that users have to complete in order to create the issue.

I understand you are wanting to increase the default number of groups shown in this view. 

I tried to recreate this scenario in my Jira 7.6 / JSD 3.9.0 version, but in the process of doing this, I found that while I could add a custom field of type group picker to a request type, Jira Service Desk won't permit this field type to be displayed in the customer portal.  At least not in the current versions.  To confirm this I found this article List of supported custom fields for request types in JIRA Service Desk customer portals.

So, I suppose I would like to know more about your environment.  If you had this same question back in 2013, I'm guessing that was a much older version of Service Desk then.  Could you let me know what version you are using now for both Jira and Jira Service Desk?

Also are these issues only created via the customer portal?  Or is it possible you have some Jira users trying to create issues in this project via the main Jira site instead of the customer portal?  I just want to try to understand where you see this field and how it is being displayed on the page in question.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer