Change the behavior of the search option in issue naviagator

kA March 16, 2014

Hi friends,

In issue navigator if i am searching user field(Assignee) value, i just enter the letter it will display all the suggestion which are having that letter.

For eg: if i typing "Assignee=k it will display the suggestion which are having the letter "k"

But if i search the component in issue navigator,it is just display the suggestion based on each letter i pressed (startwith behaviour).

So i need to change the search behaviour of the component field like Assignee field. It is possible to change the search behviour of it.

Please share your thoughts,

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

1 answer

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2014

I have not been able to change the behavior of the component field, or any field in general other than the assignee field to conform to the behaviour of the Assignee field.
I think (but am not certain) this comes forth from the fact, that the suggestions provided on the assignee are done based on the value of different fields related to the assignee, such as username, first and last names, email address etc.
The component field, despite it possibly consisting of more than 1 word, is treated as 1 value, and as such only the first letter of the value will be taken into account when providing suggestions.

I have raised this feature request to provide smarter suggestions on fields which values can consist of multiple words. If my assumption on the Assignee field and the behaviour of its suggestions is correct, I think this will be very hard to implement.

Suggest an answer