Change the Workflow for all the projects

fbomb111 May 19, 2014

Hi there,

I have currently 15 projects and each one of them have different workflows that were created by someone else. Now we want to have the same workflow to all of the projects with a couple different transitions, but I'm having trouble to do that.

I created a new workflow, but now I'm not sure about the next steps. Do I need to manually go thtough each one of the projects workflows and issue types and change the schemes?

Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2014

It's not quite that painful, but there is some slog work to do.

Create a new "workflow scheme" that says "use my new workflow" (I'm assuming you want the same workflow for ALL issue types in each project) - that's the easy part.

The slog work is that you will need to go into each project and change the "workflow scheme" to your new scheme. Jira will ask you for more info if it needs it.

But it's only one set of slogging - you ony need to change that one scheme in each project.

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2014

Hello Francis,

after workflow creation, the next steps are :

1. Workflow Scheme Creation - A new Workflow Scheme containing new workflow associated to all issue types

2. Project Workflow Scheme update - Each project should use the workflow scheme previously created

Please, take care that during Project Workflow Scheme switch phase, all issues will be moved from the current status to the new one with the same name (if exists on the new workflow) otherwise you need to define the destination status for each unmapped status.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer