Change the Workflow Status of an Jira Issue within Confluence

Eric Brahmann January 22, 2018

Hi all,

within Confluence I can easily create an Jira Issue, which is then displayed automatically within the current Confluence page.

Can i change the Workflow status within Confluence ( for example from open to closed)?

Currently i press on the Jira Issue and then I close it within Jira.

Best regards,

Eric

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

Your requirement is out-of-the-box not possible. Best way would be to create a 'suggestion' to extend the functionality of the Jira Macro of Confluence. I guess, that this requirement has already be requested. Have a look at

https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/?jql=project%3DCONFSERVER

Thx for your info and answer!

This Jira Issue has no votes (except mine) and it has a really poor description .... i think it will not get more votes in this Status ;-)

Can i edit it somehow and make it nicer?

And i guess it is not exactly what i meant .....

Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

Then better you open your own and link it to the old one. But don't expect that they implement it quickly. I even discovered a bug (lo priority) in the API one year ago and this is not fixed, yet.

Eric Brahmann January 23, 2018

thx for the hint -> I am aware of it, that wishes take a long time till i can use them ....

Suggest an answer