Change the Issue status automatically once Issue has been created

KartikA April 16, 2016

Hi everyone,

I am trying to change the status of an issue once its has been created from 'open' to 'Awaiting Approval'. I used the post function  "Fast-track transition an issue"  but still could not change the status . It is still in the same status. Also I put this post fuction at the end of the list.

Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 2.01.51 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2016

You don't need to set "Additional issue actions", and trying to change the status there probably won't work.  That could be causing the whole operation to fail.  The only think you need to do is ensure that "881" is the ID of the transition from Open to Awaiting Approval in your specific workflow (and, if it isn't, select the correct transition).

KartikA April 16, 2016

I just removed the Additional issue actions and made sure the transition ID is the same. Still it's not working

Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2016

If you remove the condition, does it work?  If so, that would suggest that the condition is flawed in some way.  If not, then checking the logs on the server would be the next step; if that's not available, then could I see a screen shot of the workflow?

kartik annavajhula April 16, 2016

I did not remove the condition but i removed the "Additional issue actions" from that post function. here is the screenshot of my Work FlowScreen Shot 2016-04-16 at 2.47.07 PM.png

Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2016

May I please see the text version as well?

kartik annavajhula April 16, 2016

Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 2.59.21 PM.png

Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2016

Okay, that all looks in order.  The only possibilities I see are that either the condition is evaluating to false, or the transition "Approval (881)" has a condition on it that is preventing the transition.  For the latter, I'd expect to see an error of some kind, so the condition seems more likely.

Try "issue.issueTypeObject.name", it has changed at various points along the way.  Or did you get that from one of the built-in examples?

Suggest an answer