Change text: The request has been updated. Please open it in the customer portal to see the changes.

Nick Rusman June 21, 2017

We want to change the text: 

The request has been updated. Please open it in the customer portal to see the changes.

The text comes from an email that is send when someone comments internally.  I've learnt that you cannot disable it being send (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Email-notifications-are-currently-being-sent-out-to-JIRA-Service/qaq-p/238135) otherwise well loose the comment itself in other emails. 

We use Service Desk without the portal and we cannot send this to our customers.

I've been searching everywhere for this line of text and cannot find it in:

• Language Files
  • E-mail templates (i've searched a couple of velocity templates, but those all use language strings). Maybe im overlooking something?

2 answers

0 votes
Nick Rusman June 21, 2017

No it doesnt. The text isnt anywhere to be found. It's something that Jira generates (as a comment to pass towards the email) at the moment you place a internal comment.

The JSD service desk notifications are not relevant (read the link in my first post).

But thanks anyway 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

Ah, ok.  The message is being generated in the depths of the Scala code which is compiled into Service Desk then.  You'd need to pull that out and re-write it (not easy)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

I've not tried it yet, as I've not had a need too, but does https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-service-desk-notifications-732528936.html help?

Suggest an answer