Change status and assignee at the same time?

Emily Spencer September 8, 2013

Is it possible to change the status and assignee without having to make two separate changes? We're thinking of transitioning to using a Kanban board and I like the idea of dragging and dropping an issue into a new status. With the simplified workflow this would allow us to have much more specific statuses in place. This means that a change in status would usually be accompanied by a change in assignee. Is there any way that this can be done in one place? Thank you in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2013

Hi Emily,

of course. If you create the Kanban board with a simplified workflow, you can edit this workflow as administrator. You find it named "Agile Simplified Workflow for Project xxx".

Create a new view with a field for changing the assignee.

Edit the simplified workflow and the workflow step, add the new view to your workflow step. Then publish your simplified workflow (make a copy of the old one first).

After you have done this, the view should come up, if you drag the issue to the next column.

Cheers

Thomas

We haven't made the switch just yet (it seems like a significant change so I'm being cautious) so I can't do much to poke around and make sure I understand each step. I'm glad I know it's a possibility, thank you for taking the time to respond!

0 votes
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2013

Variation on the theme: if you are always assigning to a specific person when you make a certain transition, you can automate the change of assignee during the transition by adding a Post Function to the workflow. @Thomas described which workflow to edit.

Also good to know! Thank you!

Suggest an answer