Change select option "NONE" to EMPTY value?

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

Hey,

I have just edited the edit-select.vm as indicated here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+to+Remove+%27NONE%27+from+a+Select+List+Custom+Field

I deleted those lines:

#if (!$fieldLayoutItem || $fieldLayoutItem.required == false
    <option value="-1">$i18n.getText("common.words.none")</option>
  #else
    <option value="">$i18n.getText("common.words.none")</option>
  #end

I basically wanted to remove the NONE-option from a select field. I was hoping with no value set as default the field would be EMPTY on issue creation instead of being populated with the first value in the option list. This way I wanted to force people to select a value (field is marked as required).

What would happen if I just deleted the $i18n.getText("common.words.none") part or replaced "common.words.none" wit ""?

Thank you,

Christian

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

You will have to remove the entire $i18n.getText("common.words.none") in the template. Javascript option will not work with inline edit in 5.1.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

Will Javascript work at all in description fields in 5.1?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

Not with inline edit.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

thank you .

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

I'm goimg with a JS snippet found here as a comment:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+to+Remove+%27NONE%27+from+a+Select+List+Custom+Field

<script type="text/javascript">try
{var select = document.getElementById('customfield_10071');select.options[0].text="";}

catch(err){}</script>

Suggest an answer