Change resolution of tickets once they are closed.

Gayathri Kamath December 5, 2012

One of our admins accidentally created a new resolution, "Unresolved" (instead of Unresolved), and I found that we've got about 100 tickets that are closed, and in this state. Its mostly fine, but confusing for some of our users looking at tickets later to confirm they've been completed.

Is there a way of changing the resolution state in a bulk manner without reopening and re-pushing them thru their workflows of all those tickets?

(to remind me, https://jira.videoegg.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=resolution+%3D+%22%5C%22Unresolved%5C%22%22++and+status+%21%3D+Open )

Thanks!

Gayathri

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

Assuming your worfklow doesn't have a condition where closed tickets can't be edited, does bulk edit not work for you?

Make sure that resolution is a field that is editable (i.e. in edit screen). Do the search. Perform a bulk edit and change the resolution.

Suggest an answer