Change request Servicedesk creates automaticly an story in Jira

I work with Servicedesk and Jira.

Once I create a Change request in Servicedesk and after approval from a co-worker.

I want to automaticly create a story in Jira board.

Is this possible? and if so, how can I implement this?

Now I have to create a story in the Board and typ all what's in Change request again.

2 answers

Hi, Glenn,

You can do this using the Power Scripts add-on, which can also do countless other things you will likely want to do with Jira.

Here is a video tutorial walking you through how to automatically create a sub-task based on a custom field selection that is similar. It sounds like you probably want to create it 100% of the time and want to create a Story instead of a sub-task.

If you give this a try and need specific help with syntax let me know.

I hope this helps!

Thanks Ethan.

I will give it a try and let you know if it works for me

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,788 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot