Change "Report a Problem" link in JIRA

David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Hi, I just recieved the quetsion whether I can change the "Report a Problem" link in the JIRA footer (to include a mailto:xxx link) and if so, what may be the best way. I know I could just go and modify the corresponding vm-file (which one btw?) but that's not the most eleganz option.

Do you know any other ways to achieve this?

Thanks, David

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2012

Actually, I do think modifying the footer.vm file is the most elegant way, but you can probably also add the mail link using javascript looking for the anchor that has id "footer-report-problem-link"

Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

I agree with Norman, that modifying footer.vm is elegant way and if you keep your JIRA installation changes in Mercurial Queue as I use to do, it is also quite clean way.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

no ideas for this one?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

So, the file is obiously located under following path:

<jiradir>\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\footer\footer.vm

Anyway, is there a way to change this without editing that file?

Suggest an answer