Change popup message after issue is created

Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Hi all,

When an issue is created there is a small popup message that includes a libn to the newly reated issue. It appears at the top of the screen, content is : Issue <link to issue> has been successfully created.

Can this message be changed ? Can we disable it ?

How can this be done ?

Thanks,

Alon

1 answer

1 vote
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2012

Hi Alon, could you try adding this snippet in the Announcement banner?

<script type="text/javascript">

AJS.$("#create_link").removeClass("create-issue");

</script>

I hope it helps.

Good Luck.

Regard John

Alon Erez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Thanks John.

I tried your suggestion and got a strange behavior. Instead of the usual screen (popup) for the create issue I got a built in screen with only the project and issue type fields and a "Next" button. If I press next I get the regular fields of the create issue screen ( not in a popup). If I submit an issue then there is no popup message as I wanted.

However this totally changes the look and feel.
Is there another way to do this ?

And out of curiosity, can I add fields to this screen (with only the two fields )?

BTW we are using version 5.0.7

Thanks,

Alon

John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2012

Hi Alon, if you don't mind you could raise an open ticket to our Atlassian Support channel (support.channel.com) for further our investigation.

Regards, John.

Suggest an answer