Change password option in jira when using crowd as directory

Rahul Arora June 9, 2015

I am using Crowd directory as user base for JIRA and don't want to expose the Crowd URL for external clients. How can we give option to those end users to change their password in such scenarios?

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2015

I don't think this is possible, though I have not tested it yet. Do you have Crowd configured to be writeable from JIRA? That may allow for password changes directly through JIRA.

Rahul Arora June 10, 2015

@Boris Berenberg I don't understand, how to configure it writeable from JIRA. can we test it if possible to use change password in the above mentioned scenario?

This is weird functionality where user has to interact with different application for simple purpose.

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

You need to set the directory to be read write: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+JIRA#IntegratingCrowdwithAtlassianJIRA-Step2.ConfiguringJIRAtotalktoCrowd I don't have time to set this up the environment and test it right now, making the change in your environment should have very little impact and make for a quick test.

Suggest an answer