Change of status names has impacted all the workflows. How to change it back?

Mohajit Acharya November 14, 2019

I have added a terminal state "Delivered" for my workflows but in turn it has impacted the terminal state of all the workflows by replacing "Done" with "Delivered". How can I change it back for all the workflows? Doing it individually for each workflow is not a viable option as there are 101 workflows impacted.

Any prompt solution will be highly appreciated.

1 answer

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2019

Hello @Mohajit Acharya

Sorry to hear you are facing this problem.

It seems you have changed the name of your default "Done" status, impacting all the workflows using that status.

Could you please provide us how have you managed to edit the workflow status? Have you done it through JIRA User interface or used any other methods like REST API?

Since you have renamed your status, have you tried to rename it back to "Done"? I believe it will update all your workflows back to what they were. Then, instead of updating the "Done" status, you can simply create a new status called "Delivered" and replace it for that specific workflow you want.

Also, you can check under JIRA Settings > Issues > Statuses a global view of all available status in your site, and also click to edit its name.

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer