Change of status name not reflected in workflow

NickW July 3, 2012

Hi All

I decided to change the name of a status usinng the stauus editor. Having done so this revised name does not appear in the workflow designer and if I use the workflow it does not appear there either (stays with original name). Have I missed something or is this a known bug?

Nick

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Taylor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

Are you sure you're not getting confused between statuses and workflow steps?

NickW July 3, 2012

Looks like a rabbit in headlights..... isn't a status a workflow step?!!!!

NickW July 3, 2012

Wow I really missed that one!! Sighs looking at preverbial black hole.... guess I best go read up why steps have status....Thanks Alex.

Alex Taylor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

Not entirely :-) A workflow step is associated with a status. It may well have the same name as that status, but that's your choice when you created the step. If you click on 'Steps' rather than 'Design' you'll see your workflow displayed as a table. The first column is the name of the step; the second is the associated status.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2012

If it helps, there's a 1:1 unique relationship between them - a step can only have one status, and that status can only be used by one step in a particular workflow.

I think of steps as being the framework that you hang a workflow on to, which includes the visuals of what the users actually see (they don't really see steps at all, they only see the status)

Suggest an answer